Thursday, January 19, 2006

RadioTime - a TiVo for Radio?

I am trying out a computer program called RadioTime. It is a wanna-be TiVo for radio, one of several options that are out there. (Last year I had the very cool if lo-fi Radio YourWay, but I misplaced the damn thing after a month of two, which SUCKED.)

As we speak, the RadioTime program is recording Air America's 7-9am offering, The Rachel Maddow Show*; after a quite complicated set-up last night, it was relatively easy to tell the thing to record the show. It's now making an mp3 recording of the RealAudio feed of WLIB, which it will then place into my iTunes library, so I can listen to the show on my iPod later today. Neat, huh? I'll let you know if it's worth it. I have it as a 10-day free trial; it costs $39 a year to subscribe.

(If I'm happy with it, I may spring for the RadioTime-plus-RadioShark option...)

* one of the shows recommended in that TONY article

No comments: